100+ Christmas Email Subject Lines To Jingle-Bell-Rock Your Way To The Top
Christmas email subject lines! Are you dashing through the snow looking for the best ones for your emails? Good news! Moosend’s elves are here to help!
Today, we decided to give you some of the best Christmas subject lines of 2021 to make Christmas 2022 a success! Also, don’t forget to get your hands on one of the best email marketing services on the block to boost your holiday sales with unique holiday emails.
Let’s give your open rates the cheer they deserve! Queue the holiday music! It’s time to jump on our one-horse open sleigh and hit the road!
And once you’ve found the subject line of your dreams, get a Moosend account to create and send Christmasy campaigns to your contacts.
Best Christmas Email Subject Line Examples
If you’re an eCommerce owner you know how powerful this holiday can be for your business, and you’re probably looking to upgrade your email marketing strategy to thrive. Luckily, even small twists at your email subject lines can drive positive results.
Like our Black Friday subject lines, we can also divide our Christmas subject lines into five different segments to help you out, including New Year subject lines. Each of these subject line categories will inspire you and let you create drip campaigns to target your shoppers and subscribers.
At the table below, you’ll find plenty of fantastic holiday email subject lines from B2B and B2C eCommerce brands to tailor them to your business. Want to give your buyers amazing Christmas gifts? You’re covered! Ready to make the best Christmas offers of this festive season? We got you, too! Choose the right category to get inspired!
- Be naughty, save yourself the hassle 🎁
- Jingle all the way 🎄🦌
- A Message from our CEO
- This is Christmas at Topshop
- Just Add Magic
- What if Rudolph was your new boss?
- Beat the Holiday Rush – 25% OFF! 🎁
- IT’S HERE ❄ The 2021 Christmas Catalog
- Christmas is coming… get your store fully stocked 💥
- Get ready for Christmas 🎄
- We WHISK you a Merry Christmas!
- Fresh flowers for a special time of year
- 2for1 🎁 HAWKERS XMAS 🎁
- Last-minute gifts that look pre-planned!
- Ship your Tattly in time
- The Holidays Came Early – Norfolk Pines are Here! 🌲
- Knock knock…
- Looking for The Perfect Chess Gift This Holiday?
- 🎅A certain Mr. Claus gets his gift ideas from us🎁
- Celebrate Cyber Monday with deep discounts on all home decor
- You ordered, the North Pole delivered
- Gifting made easy
- 🎁 Need a last-minute gift?
- Hustle & Bustle & Baconator®
- Our Final Sale of the Year Is Coming
- Happy holidays from us.
- Enjoy 50% Off Now!
- Thank You From Kurt Geiger And Rainbow Trust
- Last chance for a last-minute gift, delivered instantly
- Your FREE Pre-Holiday Gift Awaits!
- Carry on Christmas with 70% SALE.
- Great news! Free shipping has been extended!
- Complete your Christmas.
- Destress and chill this Christmas 🧘
- Don’t panic! You still have 1 day left.
- FINAL HOURS for 20% sitewide savings.
- We baked you something special!
- Wave at Santa’s reindeer as they go flying by your plane window
- Here’s the deal…
- 🎁 You were a good boy/girl indeed
- Get that high-impact glow with Opalescent Powder
- You’ve Waited All Season For This…
- 🕯️ On the 1st day of Christmas R+W gave to me… 🕯️
- From us to you, xoxo FP
- Happy Holidays!
- happy holidays! ❤ enjoy an extra 40% off sale on us
- ❄ A Quick Timeout To Say…
- Happy Holidays Season from all of us!
- Our sale is here!
- 🎅 Merry Christmas from Timberland!🎄
- Xmas came early! // 40% OFF SALE
- SALE starts tonight at 22:00 at zara.com
- Guess Who’s Coming to Town? 🎅
- Everything you need to clean AFTER the holidays
- Gift yourself a new set of sheets: 50% off!
- Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays
- Spread Holiday Cheer 🔔
- Merry Blissmas!
- Share Christmas with your favorite people 🎄
- It’s Our Very Merry Christmas Sale
- 40% off? Woah, it’s the End of Year Sale!
- FINAL hours: Save up to 60%
- Resolution #1: Save more with up to 60% off sale
- Wait. EXTRA 40% off?
- Give yourself the gift of sound
- Take the Penguin Reading Challenge 📚
- Your support inspires us ✊ 🌍
- 5 days. 1,000 parties. Lots of free espresso drinks.
- ✨ Start the year refreshed with $200 off ✨
- Ho-ho-hot: 35 shades for €17
- Christmas is a wrap. Didn’t get what you wanted?
- Holiday Deals are still on // Get 20% off selected styles
- Sale on Sale starts today 💲 📆 💲
- Three Days Left: The One-Third Event
- 🚀 Launch 2021: Get 20% Off Elementor Pro
- End of Year Sale: 70% Off
- Year-End Sale – Save Up To 30% + $20 Credit Back Starting Now
- After Christmas Sale Going On Now!
- Our End Of Year Sale. Our Way Of Saying Merry Christmas
- Thank You
- Happy New Year from Timberland
- Happy New Year ✨
- New Year, New Gear ⚙️
- Wish you a very Happy New Year 2021!
- Marilia, let’s celebrate YOU
- Cheers to you, babe!
- Happy New Year Marilia
- Hey, a sale just for you.
- EXTRA 10% off all sale starts now!
- Put your Best Food Forward in 2021 with $100 off! 🥳
- Your extra 20% off sale items ends today‼️
- Time is ticking… 48 hours left to use your 15% off voucher!
- Happy (Re)New Year! 🎉
- 💄 (Lip)stick to these resolutions.
- What a year…
- (C L E A R A N C E)
- 6 Nuggs. 1 Buck. 0 regrets.
- Better things are ahead of us
- New year new me blah blah. Sale is going quick!
- Toast the New Year.
How to Use Christmas Email Subject Lines In Your Holiday Emails
The perfect subject line will give you better open rates, leading to great click-through rates and conversions. This is a solid booster for your digital marketing efforts.
While a Christmas subject line isn’t rocket science, you always need to:
- Consider your tone and brand personality (brand alignment).
- Adjust the copy of your email marketing campaign content to the subject line, or vice versa.
- Use marketing automation like segmentation and personalization to create Christmas subject lines that speak to your subscribers.
- Add Christmas tree and gift emojis when you see fit to draw the subscribers’ attention.
If you struggle with finding the perfect Christmas subject line (or if subject lines are the bane of your existence), you can also use our free Subject Line Tester, codename: Your little helper, to create the ultimate subject line!
Email Subject Lines: XMAS Inspiration Session
Want to see some festive email campaigns to understand how to align them with the subject lines? Here are some examples from top brands for each category. And remember, a subject line is not enough if you don’t match it with the email design and copy after all.
Pre-Christmas Email Subject Line: Moosend
Subject line: Be naughty, save yourself the hassle 🎁
Why it works:
Here’s our pre-Christmas email subject line to steal some looks! Our goal was to give our subscribers all the email newsletter templates they need to create their holiday email campaigns.
Calling our subscribers to “be naughty” fits the holiday theme while the “save yourself the hassle” not only acknowledges a pain point but also provides a solution.
This email campaign is a great way to get your subscribers to take action, increase engagement, and give them a free holiday gift for their stocking stuffer! If you target a B2B audience and want to mimic our campaign, register for a free account to create an email from scratch or customize one of our cool templates.
Christmas Eve Email Subject Line: MVMT
Subject line: You ordered, the North Pole delivered.
Why it works:
This holiday subject line from MVMT is another great example of how your subject line and email content can deliver something extraordinary.
Using the second person, the brand lets its subscribers know that they have stayed true to their promises by providing shoppers with the best products out there.
However, this is no typical email! The subject line only hints at what MVMT had in store. If you take a look above, you’ll see how the brand promoted a video with the “MVMT’s elves” spreading the holiday cheer. The North Pole did deliver an amazing spectacle.
Christmas Day Email Subject Line: Free People
Subject line: From us to you, xoxo FP
Why it works:
Free People uses its campaign to give seasonal greetings and promote its social media accounts. Their catchy Christmas subject line is fresh, perfectly resonating with their young target audience.
If you know all about your subscribers, you can create engaging email subject lines to grab their attention. For Free People, that’s how you speak your target audience’s language during a busy shopping time! You can also segment your email lists to tailor your messaging to different age groups if you wish!
Post-Christmas Email Subject Line: Ray-Ban
Subject line: Holiday Deals are still on // Get 20% off selected styles
Why it works:
This is one of the best post-Christmas email subject lines to keep your Christmas offers going. Ray-Ban’s subject line lets its target audience know about the sales extension and keeps the holiday season going with 20% off. The perfect gift for customers who didn’t get the chance to complete their holiday purchases!
You can also include a countdown timer on the email to remind them of the deadline for this Christmas sale.
New Year Email Subject Line: Holden
Subject line: Happy New Year
Why it works:
As you saw in our previous examples, not every email should be about holiday shopping and Christmas deals during the Christmas season. Even if you don’t have a coupon to share, send holiday wishes to your customers to show them your appreciation.
This email campaign by Holden is a fantastic example. The subject line is straightforward, and your loyal customers will be more than happy to open it.
Nail Christmas Email Marketing With The Perfect Subject Line
It’s undoubtedly the most wonderful time of the year for email marketing. So if your customers are on the “nice list”, make the most out of holiday email marketing campaigns. Send customers the kindest Christmas wishes, deals, or ideas to nail the Christmas shopping, e.g. a gift guide, and see your email ROI growing.
Are you getting ready for it? Sign up for a free Moosend account, choose one of our pre-made email templates and design beautiful campaigns for your holiday shoppers!